should i get a red cat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ's toys

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my dad is thinking about getting me a redcat volcano s30 is it worth getting. and were lokking at a tornado s30 also red cat are they awaste of money please tell me:\:\:\:\:\

my two kids and old lady each have a volcano and i use them every so often and I have a crap load of traxxas nitro's and stuff.. they have lasted pretty good but there is a few people that will disagree with me on this subject... but all I have to say is alot of people dis red cat and then go buy a 1/5 scale redcat.... they do scoot right along and I have jumped the boys volcano multiple times and (knock on wood) no breaks.. just make sure you get something that you want and not settle with because you will have more fun with something you want!! traxxas has a couple nitros that cost about the same as the volcano although the traxxas ones are 2wd they are still fun but if you want off roading and stuff alot then 4wd is the way to go!!! good luck picking what you want!!! I would buy another redcat if I didnt already have a long list of wants... they also got a few good buggys that are 4wd aswell....

hey

are red cat parts easy to replace:)

Last edited:
I alwasy forget about the hpi mt2 that is a cool looking rig.. the traxxas nitro sport isnt to bad for a 2wd buggy, the rustler. the red cat parts are sometimes carried in lhs. but honestly was thinking and where it will be your first nitro you should check with your lhs (local hobby shop) and see what they carry for rigs and what they have for parts for each rig.. because you dont want to have to wait for everything to come in the mail when you have a nice day and want to run your rig... Traxxas, losi , hpi are all good companies to pick from... but like I said earlier I havent even broken the kids rig yet... been about 6 months and no they arent used daily like mine are but they fire up everytime... You should look at the redcat racing website, the traxxas website, hpi's website, and losi's website to get an idea of what buggie's they make and then go to your lhs and see what they keap in stock for bugy's and the parts.

hpi mt2 is what id buy, when my kid is old enough thats what i will be buying

Id rather buy a better brand than redcats personally. In the long run it better to spend a few extra dollars up front for a slightly better kit with more parts support.

redcat has a cheap price tag but trust me they break too easy, my roomate has a rcat and he never gets that thing going without a bag full of parts, spend the extra money and get quality product

I always here people say that about them but I have 3 nitro redcats in the house and one crawler and they arent that bad at all.. its all up to the buyer and what they can get for parts and hop ups.

redcat

my dad was lokking at pictures of redcat and he thinks its just a clone of the tmaxx .15 it looks teh same

:D
:whhooo:

STAY AWAYYY OOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY ARE CRAPPY, OOOOOOO AHHHHHHHH

Id rather buy a redcat then a chevy truck thats for sure

hey now chevys are great to beat the shite out of.... gotta have something for a real truck to not have to hold back with....

Back