Should i buy these?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brugernavn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, this is my first post on this forum! and i would like to start by saying I'm Danish, therefore my english isnt the greatest, but i will try my best! ;D

I want a new Nitro RC because my Savage is going to be sold in a few days.

So i found these 2 used Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3's in the same city as i live in:

Info:
Traxxas T-maxx 3.3 x2
Fuel bottles x2
16 % Fuel (2 l.)
EZ Starter with battery x2
Box, Manual and Tools x2
Hump Packs x2
Controllers x2
some new engine parts

Pictures:
image-3245_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-F635_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-26E6_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-2D53_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-E547_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-B0DC_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-0347_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-C106_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-465A_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-CB15_4C24C0D9.jpg

image-059F_4C24C0D9.jpg

One of em' is in need of a engine rebuild but there is new parts in the deal!

They are a bit dirty, but a day at my house with some nitro cleaning and they will look good again!

I can get them delivered to my door for 300 bucks! should i buy or not? and do anyone of you have a modelnumber for these specific models?.

||Brugernavn || Kim ||

Last edited:
I personally wouldnt really buy a used nitro, especially a tmaxx unless it was a really really good deal. Wich I dont think these are. If it was maybe $200 to the door, then maybe, but only maybe....Your pics dont work either.

Well, I tried editing them to be url's... but that doesn't work either. You have to copy/paste the urls to see them.

As for buying them... I'm with SG. Also, why are you getting rid of the savage? What about it didn't you like? The maxx in general is quite a bit weaker and requires more parts to be replaced more frequently than a savage. So, if you beat on your savage pretty good and it held together but broke once in a while, then a maxx probably won't hold up very well for you.

Last edited:
Hi All!

The Savage is going to be sold for as much as i gave for it!, Thats why i am selling.

I think it is cheap, in Denmark a used T-maxx goes for 200-220 bucks!

Personally I wouldn't sell a Savage and replace it with one or even two used T-Maxx's.
Until you take them apart you don't know what issues they have or how much it's going to cost you to get them running. You could end up with two expensive runners or one runner and a pile of parts.
If you said that you were looking at a Revo or two I could understand.

BTW - Your English grammer is better than some native born people who use this forum.

Personally I wouldn't sell a Savage and replace it with one or even two used T-Maxx's.
Until you take them apart you don't know what issues they have or how much it's going to cost you to get them running. You could end up with two expensive runners or one runner and a pile of parts.
If you said that you were looking at a Revo or two I could understand.

BTW - Your English grammer is better than some native born people who use this forum.

Haha that's good to hear!

Let me just say its a good deal for me to sell the Savage ;)
I was out to look and try those two T-maxx's today, they both run brilliant! i can feel that the red one is a little underpowered, but thats just a engine that's been running alot of nitro, and the parts i need to fix it is in the deal, I Think I'm going to buy em' and get them clean, then i could show them to you people! :D

are you getting both for $300, or just one?? both may be a decent deal, but i would still keep the savage..

Both cars and more parts than i listed :)

pictures fixed.

Last edited:
I think 300 for 2 RTR 3.3 T-MAXX's doesn't sound too bad. Especially if you say them, drove them, and they are fine. I'd do it.

the savage is a pile of trash!!! my t-maxx has out lasted,out ran, and out bashed many of savages!!! a properly built t-maxx is near indistructable!!!! i know mine is!!!

Not sure I'd go with that review... A properly built t-maxx and a properly built savage aren't really comparable for durability. Savage still wins in my book.

I started with a t-maxx as my first MT many years ago. Then went with a savage, revo, aftershock, XTM mammoth. The three I still have are savage, revo and aftershock. The other two weren't worth having for many reasons that the other three were worth keeping.

Actually i just said no to this deal today, because i found a full alu Revo 3.3!

i dont like aluminum. in my oppinion, a company makes parts plastic on purpose. if a plastic part breaks, its normally about 2 or 3 bucks to fix it. when running with aluminum parts, the parts that break often and are cheap/ easy to replace dont get broken....its the more expensive, and harder to get to parts that will keep breaking. plastic parts are flexible, they have give to them. aluminum does not. going aluminum changed the whole handling of the vehicle. and puts alot more stress on the other parts that are not aluminum.

aluminum = bad for runing
aluminum = good for shelf queens

Last edited:
I would take that deal.... because I'm a big tmaxx basher! make tons of youtube videos

I would that seems alright if they are in running condition

Sorry OT:pics-stfu:

i e-mailed the pics to you...hope you like ;] (wow i just thought about how creepy that sounded)

Well i have both a T-MAXX 3.3 and a savage. The savage by far is a better built truck I got this one used had to replace the engine but everything else was in good shape other than the brakes suck but i will upgrade to dual fiberglass discs soon. Having said that though my T-MAXX 3.3 will beat it like a dog in drag race. But I still wouldn't trade anything for either one of them I think the savage has some gearing issues but as it is right now my T-MAXX 3.3 is way more funner to play with.

Back