Should I buy a 1/7th scale SCT or a Drone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do I really want to sell my Slash 4x4 for a GoPro Karma drone or a 1/7th scale Arrma Mojave?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really torn between which one I should buy, I love SCTs, but it's been a while since I've had a drone and it's way cheaper.
hey fellow high schooler :thumbs-up: I prefer land over air because there is more u can do with em than a drone (atleast for me)

hey fellow high schooler :thumbs-up: I prefer land over air because there is more u can do with em than a drone (atleast for me)
Yeah, it is much more exciting!

Yeah, it is really expensive, I don't really care about having a body that much because it does add much tbh. About being in school though I'm just in high school so I have plenty of time to work, I think y'all are right though, I'll just wait up :) I found a good battery that JayTee RC uses and good charger for that combine for $180, which is a LOT, but a good price. Just wondering, have y'all heard of JayTee RC? He's really good.
having a body truly does alot to help protect the RC, i though similar to what you did, but they help to protect from rocks and debris from general running, helps keep the inside of the chassis cleaner, not as much dirt and grime build up around the internals, ESC fan, bearings, motor, spur gears, driveshafts etc. sometimes might not seem like it does much to protect that stuff, but really does lol. also it helps for crashes, the body absorbs alot of impact when landing upsidedown so more or less acts like a cushion, it also disperses weight so when landing upside-down the shock tower/body mount assembly wont take the full force of the vehicle's weight and momentum.
have watched a few reviews from JayTee RC, i think he does well at reviewing the products, and not sales pitching, he also does a variety of name brand, cheap, and everywhere in between it seems.

having a body truly does a lot to help protect the RC, I though similar to what you did, but they help to protect from rocks and debris from general running, helps keep the inside of the chassis cleaner, not as much dirt and grime build up around the internals, ESC fan, bearings, motor, spur gears, driveshafts, etc. sometimes might not seem like it does much to protect that stuff, but really does lol. also, it helps for crashes, the body absorbs a lot of impact when landing upsidedown so more or less acts like a cushion, it also disperses weight so when landing upside-down the shock tower/body mount assembly won't take the full force of the vehicle's weight and momentum.
have watched a few reviews from JayTee RC, I think he does well at reviewing the products, and not sales pitching, he also does a variety of name brand, cheap, and everywhere in between it seems.
Yeah as far as the chassis, honestly I think it traps debris from the wheels. I have a chassis guard and some custom inner fenders, so that isn't a problem even when I have the body on. I started driving with the body off last summer when it was 90 degrees so that the Traxxas wouldn't get too hot so fast. and it FLYS better :)

Yeah as far as the chassis, honestly I think it traps debris from the wheels. I have a chassis guard and some custom inner fenders, so that isn't a problem even when I have the body on. I started driving with the body off last summer when it was 90 degrees so that the Traxxas wouldn't get too hot so fast. and it FLYS better :)
that is one inherent issue with the short course body style, tends to"parachute" the truck lol

Back