Short course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin.H

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I think i am about to start racing short course and i dont really know what the best motor would be for this. Can anybody help me out. i have looked at some of the novak brushless motors and i would like to know if i could do beter than them... and i didnt see the short course threads until after i posted this.... my bad

Last edited:
how about telling us what you want to put the brushless system in

how about telling us what you want to put the brushless system in

That doesn't really matter.

What does matter, is what class you intend to race in. Stock, pro stock, mod, or 4wd?

Also, check your club rules for each class, or at least the class you plan on racing. One of the tracks I race is no brushless, the other is stock brushless or brushed. Which means if you want brushless, you would have to use the SC10 brushless system.

How much are you looking to spend? You can get the Castle SV2/4600kv system for about $100. But that is sensor-less, which can be twitchy and hard to manage. A sensored system will be much easier to control, but will cost you alot more.

Well I am thinking about the mod. I am stuck between the losi SCTE and the associated SC10... They both seem pretty good but I'm looking for something that wont break me money wise..

The SCTE is 4wd, the SC10 comes in either 2wd or 4wd. Mod is a 2wd class, 4wd is usually a class in it's own, and is usually open motor.

Well then i guess that makes my choice for me... I didnt know that mod was a 2wd class. I'm coming from backyard racing so. But if I got the SC10 which would be the best option to get motor wise.

The Castle Creations SCT system is good, as long as you have good throttle control. It comes with a 3800 4-pole motor, and you can get it for about $100. It's not sensored, but for the price you really can't beat it. If you don't have the throttle control, you'll need to look at something sensored, but then you'll be spending much more.

---------- Post added at 5:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:33 PM ----------

If you don't want the Castle, look into LRP. Novak and Tekin are better to stay away from, I've seen both melt the trucks they were in after igniting.

Back