short course vs monster truck???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to get a nitro truck... looking at a revo but i like the look of the short course trucks... how do the short course trucks match up to the bashing of a monster truck?... are the short course trucks just for a track or are they good for general bashing?

Your talking apples&oranges the monster trucks can handle obstacles better with larger tires heavier suspension components.If your looking for speed and better handling go with the short course truck. You can bash with both i feel the MT will hold up better.:D

Thanks for the info... I'm gonna go with the revo ... i want a general big boy toy and there is no track that i know of anywhere around me to race on... i just like the look of the "trophy trucks" and wondered how they handled...

They do look cool, but you will probably be more happy with a MT if all you have is offroad terrain. I bought my revo as a slayer. Was fun for about a month. Converted it to a MT and put a big block in it... much more versatile now.

If you have money i would say its worth getting both.

i like bashing, got a short course 2wd truck and got bored with it the first couple times i ran it. i'd prob. rather have a short course truck if i was going to a local track, but for bashing in the yard a m/t is better imo.

I am going thru the same thing i just got a revo 3.3 and now i want a slash. I have a track close to me but it is to small for my 3.3. One person i talked to told me to go with the 1/16 slash.

Nah, they're awfully hard to control. If you go 1/16th, go with the Revo. You'll wish you had. You can always pickup the arms, rods and shafts to convert to a slash if the bug bites ya.