shock positions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bshobes

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the best shock position for a tmaxx 3.3 for bashing? and do you have to have the antenna poking out or can you have it inside the body

Last edited:
Probably 3rd from outer on the bottom and middle on the top
I am currently running top middle and bottom outer on my 2.5 and my embe, on my 3.3 (4907) I have rpm arms and towers so there aren't many adjustments, none on the upper but the lower I will run either middle or outer on the lower arm

Probably 3rd from outer on the bottom and middle on the top
I am currently running top middle and bottom outer on my 2.5 and my embe, on my 3.3 (4907) I have rpm arms and towers so there aren't many adjustments, none on the upper but the lower I will run either middle or outer on the lower arm

kewl thanks i will try it!:D

Are you looking for handling or ground clearance. For the best handling set your shocks so that the suspension arms are level to the ground. On the front lay them down to the lowest settings and on the rear inner most setting on the top of the shock tower and second setting from the tires on the suspension arms. This should set your T Maxx suspension arms level to the ground. Make sure your Transmitter and Receiver are turned on when making adjustments to the front suspension this will keep the servo centered as you make the adjustments. Make the adjustments to the shocks first then proceed to the Caster and Camber settings because they will change after you adjust your shocks.

For the best traction in the rear toe your rear tires in measuring from the frame and the rear skid plate about 1/2 inch longer on the rear then the front. This will give you about a 1.5 degree toe in on the rear tires. The 1/2 inch might seem extreme measurement but the frame rails are a little wider then your skid plate.

In the front I like to toe out .5 degrees and this will give you better straight line handling and also help when you go into a corner on the dirt. I have mine set 1/4 inch longer on the front of the tires. again this might seem like an extreme measurement but your front skid plate is not as wide as the frame rails.

To set the Camber setting using a Protractor or a Square set your tires at a 90 degree angle. These settings are done on your ball joints.

On the front suspension you also have a Caster setting these are those spacers on the top suspension arms. using a set of needle nose pliers place both spacers at the rear of the suspension arms.

Here is a link that explains each of these settings in some detail and yes the R/Cs have all three of these settings and the dynamics are not much different between real race cars and R/Cs.

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Last edited: