Shock oil info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
The HPI Big Bore shocks arrived today. They'll be going on a Savvy brushless conversion with the extended FLM alloy TVPs.
I need some recommendations for which weight oil I should run in the front and in the rear.
I'm thinking heavy in the rear to keep it from squatting too much, and lighter in the front to keep it tracking in grass. What numbers should I run?

For as little as you'll use it, won't water work? :D

LOL!!

Ok seriously... weight transfer balance should be adjusted via spring rate, not dampening. Njtros generally require lighter oil in the back because the weight of the engine helped to calm the shock action at the rear. I'm guessing your electric version may be more balanced to begin with.

some dork said:
For as little as you'll use it, won't water work? :D

LMFAO....and here I thought I'd actually be getting some help.

I'm trying an experiment with them, and I got the feel I was looking for....so far. It will change once the electrics are added.
I just put the big bores on the front, 35W oil, and left the double shocks in the rear.
Since I got the response I was looking for, I should be able to keep that action by adding some pre-load spacers as the weight increases.

Back