Shock oil in droop setup?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Do you guys who run droop use shock oil? stupid Q maybe, but the shocks I just got from SNG were dry except the remnants of some oil.

I think its more of a personal preference. I know SNG doesn't run oil a lot of times.

yeah its kinda a personal preference depending on who you ask....on that chassis you are gonna run chuck i did try it with 75wt and then 30wt and then basically none but my springs were stiffer than the ones you picked up so you should be able to run oil maybe not very thick but you will have to experiment. when i was running droop on axial and tmaxx shocks i was running 65 all around after trying several combo's.

When I ran drop I used 1k wt in the front and 3k wt in rear with some small spring under the piston.

^^^yeah man, he is running revo shocks wich dont have much travel at all and when i ran them any thing thick at all even the 30wt was just too much. although i never drilled another hole in the piston wich would have helped but still its kinda hard to get travel out of that chassis with those shocks.

is there any other shocks that work with a BJ chassis that get more travel

theres a few others that work but they are basically the same thing chuck. i liked the look of the revo's better is why i got them. yeah you arent gonna get much travel with that chassis but you should stay planted to the ground very well, i know it worked like a charm for me.

sounds like a plan stan. If I end up not liking it I can always go to somthing else.

yeah, i liked it but I'm never really happy with any of my setups so it was time for something else (berg enters the picture) lol

Back