shock adjusting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrost

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got RPM Clawz Blue Chrome Wheels in the back of my evader and the stock wheels in the front. there is a bad tilt to the front and i was wondering if i could adjust the threaded shocks to make it closer to even and how to even it out if i could

What you can do, is remove a spacer from each of the back shocks, to even it out.... the harder way to go would be to rebuild the shocks with thinner wt oil. I would just take out spacers if I was doing this...

IMO, it is better to have your back a bit higher, becuase the back of the car is nearly twice the weight of the front. Being it has the mill and all.... just my 2 cents though.

ok thanks but what spacer is it that your talking about

I will brb, Ill take some pics and show u...

EDIT: Here are some pics of what it looks like if you have spacers...

The Spacers...

shockkk.gif

After they are removed...

shockkk2.gif

Last edited:
He has no spacers. He said he has the threaded shock bodies.

nitrost, unscrew the shock bodies to level it out or crank down on the fronts. Either way or a combo of both will do the trick.

Also, thinning out your shock oil will not change the height.

but it will change the stiffness of the shocks, which in a way can affect the height slightly...

The oil weight affects the speed of the shock as it's being compressed. The compression weight of the spring and the suspension adjustments on the truck are what change ride height.

haha, ok... thanks for the info.

BTW, you catching all this nitrost?

ys i adjusted the shock but it higher than i would like i post pics in a bit

Forget about the oil. :nope:
Adjust the ride height by turning the adjusting nut on the threaded shocks. Start with the rear and set the rear arms level looking at it from the rear. when you have the rear adjusted you can adjust the front up or down to get the chassis level front to rear. When you have front to rear level adjusted you can tweek left to right balance. To tweek L/R balance, place truck on a flat level surface, find the center line of the truck (between front bumper mounting screws and rear trans mount screws). Use an x-acto or small tip screw driver and slowly raise the wheels (one end at a time) off the surface. Both tires should leave the surface at the same time. If not, adjust by tightening the spring on the opposite corner of the highest tire or loosen the spring on the same side (ie; if you are checking the front wheels, and the left front comes off the surface first, you will tighten the right rear or loosen the left rear until both front wheels come off the surface at the same time).

If you still don't understand how to adjust the left to right balance, let me know and I will try to explain it in more detail. :hammer: