Shift key makes page go back

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
i can't use my shift keys without backing off that page. if i dont use a saved password i can't access a site that needs caps. i can't use the shift during a post or it will just take me back to the main forum page. i've connected a new keyboard, used a different usb port and rolled back the system 7 days using roxio back on track. the problem just started 2 days ago and i don't know what else to try. hep me, geeks, hep me hep me.

IT'S NOT A BROWSER, EITHER, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, I CAN TYPE CAPS USING THE CAPS LOCK KEY. hitting either shift key backs up a page.

Last edited:
The suggestion @Racer 1966 pointed out might be worth checking out or you might also have Sticky Keys turned on by accident. Try pressing the Shift key five times in a row - you should hear four beeps after you've done so.

I'm not sure about sticky keys etc... I vaguely remember doing similar by accident at one point... I think essentially what I did was to program the key. Maybe something to look into?

Today it all seems to be working. I went through the sticky key deal yesterday but that wasn't the issue. Today I had a dead mouse. I put in brand new batteries but it still took a while for it to respond. I'm not getting a green light on it, just a red. I'm totally confused by this, but at least I can make things work for now.

UPDATE...
Well, here's the strangest thing I've ever come across with computer issues. First it was the shift keys causing the page to back up. A few days ago the scroll bar would run to the bottom on ANY page that had a menu window. That made it impossible to check or change things in msconfig or any other menus I looked through...or tried to look through. I even had to use some Chinese characters to install Malwarebytes since I couldn't get the scroll to stop at any language other than the last one down. I also noticed that wide pages went to one side and couldn't be centered by tipping the wheel.
The last couple of days the mouse would quit and I'd have to turn it off and back on to get it to respond. I changed batteries and couldn't get a green light, only red, and it still kept shutting off.
I took a ride to Office Depot yesterday and got another Logitech M510 wireless, same as the one I've used for a few years, and now ALL the issues are over.
Whatever went wrong in the mouse apparently was draining power and sending a constant signal that messed up other commands.

That's definitely an odd one! I thin you win! :hehe:

It must have been all of the wax residue all over everything there, Ralph. Glad you got it sorted.

Back