servo twitching and full throttle from time to time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer132

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a problem with one og my servos.
when breaking or giving throttle it will twitch and will continue to twitch (very small movements back and forth) for sometimes a few seconds and sometimes first stop when giving the servo new instructions. when driving sometimes its will even insist of giving full throttle without asking me :)
kind of a problem. I have taken the servo apart and it is a little corroded at the entry point of one the three wires from receiver.

come to think about it, I'm almost sure that the server at all time (even brand new) has said twitching noises with no movement.

any tips or ideas how to fix this.

Last edited:
check your wires, i had a problem like that...the ruber wore off and it ground out the power to my servos so i had a runaway at full speed....might not happen to you but check just to be safe

It probably has something to do with the corrosion you described. Try a different servo if you have one. If not, swap your channels and see if the steering starts to twitch when hooked up to the throttle channel. If so, the receiver could be the culprit.

I have done that. the steering servo doesn't twitch. Some thoughts of how I can fix the corrosion? It is aprox. 1x1 mm2. I gave it a little denatured alcohol for cleaning and added a little oil to prevent further corrosion (use cotton ear cleaner). know this aint the way to go, but had no better stuff.
It actually helped a lot. not 100%, but 90%.
Can't wait to see if it can withstand the cold weather.

i have same prob right now-i took the tq2 outta my slash(my revo's foc 2.5r model). i run jr z650 steering servo and traxxas 2055 throttle servo(almost brand new). my throttle twitches when throttle position in neutral(no input). just barely twitches-for a few seconds then stops until i give input-then twitches again. no exposed wires-they r run just like they come brandnew-only thing i dont like is the throttle set up-w/ the mounted arm-i like having a direct connection to the carb-no funky linkages.

Try adjusting the trim a little bit either way on your TX it usually will alleviate the issue

Back