Servo on subotech brave stopped working

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvie n

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i have a subotech brave 1 22 scale rc car and accidentally drove it into a pubble, the drive motor is fine but the servo has stopped working at all, i got a new servo but it made no difference, any ideas what's up with it

i have a subotech brave 1 22 scale rc car and accidentally drove it into a pubble, the drive motor is fine but the servo has stopped working at all, i got a new servo but it made no difference, any ideas what's up with it
Well when did you drive into water? The motor is good no servo. Does that little guy have a reciver or its a all in one reciver esc combo?? And you installed a new servo still nothing? You might have to give it time to dry out . You could have fried the esc reciver ? Need a little more info to help you better. What type

If it powers on, and has forward/backward movement, your esc and receiver are fine. If so, your servo is fried and needs to be replaced. If it does not power on, your esc or receiver could be fried.

If it powers on, and has forward/backward movement, your esc and receiver are fine. If so, your servo is fried and needs to be replaced. If it does not power on, your esc or receiver could be fried.
He said he put in new servo still doesn't work. I doesn't really like the combo esc. They suck and never should be put into the newer kits IMO. He should just get new esc/reciver IMO
It also could be because it's chinesium
There's no real spec on it.. if you could I would just buy a rc crawler that has aftermarket support. And not these one and done so called RC's.. sorry but IMO it's a waste of 60$. If it's new I would send it back and get a scx24 jeep. That you can make it look just the same. Or better because the electronics are waterproof👍👍👍

Last edited:
He said he put in new servo still doesn't work. I doesn't really like the combo esc. They suck and never should be put into the newer kits IMO. He should just get new esc/reciver IMO
It also could be because it's chinesium
There's no real spec on it.. if you could I would just buy a rc crawler that has aftermarket support. And not these one and done so called RC's.. sorry but IMO it's a waste of 60$. If it's new I would send it back and get a scx24 jeep. That you can make it look just the same. Or better because the electronics are waterproof👍👍👍
Well when did you drive into water? The motor is good no servo. Does that little guy have a reciver or its a all in one reciver esc combo?? And you installed a new servo still nothing? You might have to give it time to dry out . You could have fried the esc reciver ? Need a little more info to help you better. What type
a few days ago as had to wait for the new servo, i am new to the hobby grade(decent rc's) but i think it has a reciever/esc combo. think i will avoid going through pubbles next time and just get a decent rc with aftermarket support instead thanks anyways

is it a 1/12 scale? does it have a receiver that you plug your servo and esc into? if it dos you can try switching the rxs channels around to see if receiver is damaged or is it something else.Id sa rx is damaged and replacement servo is ok..test get back to some1

a few days ago as had to wait for the new servo, i am new to the hobby grade(decent rc's) but i think it has a reciever/esc combo. think i will avoid going through pubbles next time and just get a decent rc with aftermarket support instead thanks anyways
Yeah, no RC is truly waterproof, that’s why I don’t run in wet conditions, even the morning dew can ruin stuff. For your next RC, get an Arrma or Traxxas as they have great part support. They also have tons of aftermarket upgrades.

If you watched the video I linked, you would know that the ESC and receiver is an integrated unit.

When an rc electronic is advertised as "waterproof" it actually means spalsh-proof. Even if a stand alone piece of electronic is designated as waterproof, a well sealed electronic box is ideal.
Think of your real car. While it will keep you completely dry in the worst rainstorm, we all know it is not a submarine. Therefore, should not be driven into hood high water.
That being said I love playing in wet conditions!
1218212116a.jpg

If you watched the video I linked, you would know that the ESC and receiver is an integrated unit.

When an rc electronic is advertised as "waterproof" it actually means spalsh-proof. Even if a stand alone piece of electronic is designated as waterproof, a well sealed electronic box is ideal.
Think of your real car. While it will keep you completely dry in the worst rainstorm, we all know it is not a submarine. Therefore, should not be driven into hood high water.
That being said I love playing in wet conditions!View attachment 140605
Dude that's awesome. Love how the snow took shape to the body... well done sir.. 👍👍

It was a bit of a surprise when I took off the body. I'd figured it would just be wet.
Yea got to love the way the snow packs in there.. I've had that happen with my Tmaxx when I ran it in the snow but not as much as your rally car. Looks cool 👍👍