Servo Help! I need your knowledge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippycf72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got 2 tower pro mg995 servos in my hyper 7 i bought second hand on my first run of it the steering servo was getting stuck full left or right depending which way i was steering, within seconds it got stuck right and completely stopped responding, i changed it with another brand new servo (same model) and it worked fine for about 2 minutes then it got stuck let and wont move at all. i looked inside that servo and the gears look ok inside and now it turns let fine and as it goes towards right it start shaking and getting stuck right sorry for the huge post if you read it but i need ideas cause its obvoiusly another problem i think the throttle/brake servo works fine everytime thanks guys!!!

Try it without the steering linkage on, does it still get stuck? What trx are you using, can you adjust the endpoints? Does it seem to be the servo getting stuck or is the steering going too far and binding?

Get a better NAME BRAND servo. I bought two of those tower pro cheap as hell off ebay and they are not even worth the $7 each i spent. The first one started smoking after 5 mins in my tmaxx and the second just locked up all together within 10mins. Buy yourself a good servo like Savox, Hitech or Futuba. Or even traxxas for that matter is better then tower pro.

yeah i think your right bout those servos they must be faulty one of them wont move at all just buzzes and vibrates the other moves left ok, as soon as you try turning right it goes all the way and locks solid right! i thought it was binding so i tried adjusting the end points on my transmitter and shortened the linkage to the steering (noob talk) gonna get my m8s sevo on here if that works properly it was just me being a cheapskate and ill have to pay out (again) damn these nitros are money pits!! sold my ansmann virus cause it was just replacing part after part!!!

Back