Servo for kraton exb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blusk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a decent servo for the arma kraton exb, currently running a Spektrum s652…
Seems kinda sluggish and heard there known to go out..

I've had good luck with the servos I've gotten from amazon. just make sure sweep is the same and try to get same tooth(spline) count..also over 18kg id go 25kg metal gear

My Kraton has the Savox SW1210SG and it works beautifully.

Water proof also? I live in the upstate ny, plan on bashing in the snow too

Yea, if you are asking me. If you are asking about the Amazon servos, most of them you find will be waterproof. But how waterproof I dunno. I have a few of the cheaper Amazon servos and they are all still going. But I don't run my trucks in water too much. Snow has never really been a problem for any of my RC's.

I was going to say Savox as well they are waterproof. As said above by tunepipe and TNT and Wicked . Amazon has some good ones as well..the annimos I believe they are red ones and a blue one I forget Just go with a 25kg or higher also waterproof.and metal gears.. And make sure to match your splin Or just go big with powerhobby..

Thanks guys… appreciate the help
Will let you know what I choose

Savox waterproof servos are IP67 rated which is supposed to be good submerged up to 3ft underwater. Cheaper waterproof servos are gonna be more like "splash-proof" rather than waterproof.

Savox waterproof servos are IP67 rated which is supposed to be good submerged up to 3ft underwater. Cheaper waterproof servos are gonna be more like "splash-proof" rather than waterproof.
Love me some savox servos.. very well made and great performance.. and alot of different options..and they are at a good price to boot

On a budget, the hobbystar-hcs-4521 is on sale frequently at rcjuice for $35, still a decent servo for $50:
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-hcs-4521-high-torque-digital-waterproof-crawler-servo.html

I just bought the nicest servo I've ever had, just over $100 shipped, promodeler DS505BLHV:
https://www.promodeler.com/DS505BLHV

2021-1022-promodeler-Servo-DS505BLHV.jpg

I run the hobbystar hcs-4521 in my outcast 6s and e-revo 2.0 on 7.2V driven by a max6 esc. Even at 6V, it has decent numbers. I was running one in my maxx, but it broke. Pretty sure it was a fluke as I've had the 2 other ones in service for over a year now in larger/heavier trucks and they work just fine. I was able to repair the broken one, the shaft that holds a couple gears broke. I replaced it with a drill bit shaft and will be putting it in my kraton 6s exb roller I just got.

The promodeler servo was just a "why not" purchase. It's in my maxx4s now and I run it on 6V. It throws my backflip LP's around like they aren't even there when on carpet or grass. Very quiet, fast and smooth servo. One I'll likely buy again if I have other high demand servos die on me.