servo connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gummybear13

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would like to know what the difference is between brands and after market connectors...

I have done some lite reading and read that futaba and traxxas( old style) are the same.( is that correct?) seems a lot of folks like the deans connectors....and I have seen people talking about switching from deans to traxxas's new connectors...

I understand how the connectors work and their function...I just dont know which ends are compatible or the same style.

I guess what I am asking is can someone post up pics of the different brands so I can see a side by side comparo?

These are two different types of connectors that you are talking about. The two types of servo connectors are the Futaba type, as you already stated, and the JR or HiTec style of connectors.

The Deans style connector is for the battery connection.

LMAO, damn newbies.... So basically there is only two widely used connectors for servos, thats good to know, thanks hamz.

Yeah the futaba/traxxas style has a little 'key' on the plug, so it only plugs in one way. The hitec style does not, and you have to be careful because they can be plugged in backwords.

Good to know. Well now I can start looking for better servo's for my buggy before they go out.