Servo Connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are the Hitec "S" connectors and the Airtronics "Z" connectors the same thing?? I want to get a hightorque servo and the Hitec one is 35 bucks and the Airtronics one is 75 bucks. So will the Hictec one work with a Airtronics Recever??? I am confused becase they are called two different things but I heard they are the same.:confused:

ask this in the radio forum.:whip: where in nh are you located?

In wolfeboro...sorry i didn't know there was a radio forum:D ...i'll ask it there.

There are 2 major differences in them. First is the physical shape. That might not be too big of a deal. Usually the Hitec connector has a corner cut off of it. It will probably just plug right in. BUT!!!!!
Here's the big difference. The plugs are wired differently. Hitec plugs are wired signal/positive/negative. Airtronics are wired signal/negative/positive. So, if you want to use a Hitec servo on your Airtronics receiver, you have to remove the positive and negative pins and switch them..

I'm using a Hitech steering servo on mym MAXX and I'm using a airtronics RX and i didn change the leads and it works fine

Hmmm..interesting. I just finally found some more info that the Airtronics Z connector is compatible with Hitec. But not standard Airtronics. So again I'm confused.

Anywhooooo. Making the servo work is a simple task. First you have to know how the reciever is wired. That should be easy to find if you know the model. You can look it up online and find the pin wiring. Then all you have to do is to rearrange the pins in the plug. You can remove the pins in the plug easily. If you look on the side of the servo plug, there will be little holes where you can see the metal connectors. If you push something pointed gently into those holes, you should be able to pull the wires gently out of the plug. Then you just look at the connectors on the ends of the wires. There should be little tabs that you pushed in when you pulled them out. Bend those back out a little bit. Then you simply push them back into the plug in the right order. If you're not sure, just post the model of your receiver and we can get more specific info.

On servocity.com they say they are exactly the same...

Back