Senton with typhon body or other

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah Zimmerman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I would like to swap a typhon body onto my senton.. maybe. It looks like an expensive swap adding in the body, body post sets, front and rear body posts, guards, wing mount and wing. Are there any other options here? The rocks/pebbles locking up the steering is killing me. I was looking to swap to the typhon body to hopefully help this issue unless there are other body options. I really like the baja bug body but it look like it won't seal as well as the typhon body would.

I would like to swap a typhon body onto my senton.. maybe. It looks like an expensive swap adding in the body, body post sets, front and rear body posts, guards, wing mount and wing. Are there any other options here? The rocks/pebbles locking up the steering is killing me. I was looking to swap to the typhon body to hopefully help this issue unless there are other body options. I really like the baja bug body but it look like it won't seal as well as the typhon body would.
Why not just swap the Senton guards for the ones on the Granite? It takes a bit of finagling, but, i did it on mine. Just replace these from the Senton:
Senton Guards.jpg

With these ones from the Granite Mega/3S:

Granite Guards.jpg

Why not just swap the Senton guards for the ones on the Granite? It takes a bit of finagling, but, i did it on mine. Just replace these from the Senton:
View attachment 141106
With these ones from the Granite Mega/3S:

View attachment 141107
Have you done this swap? Do you also use the granite body? I think even with those guards and the senton body it would not change that much.

Have you done this swap? Do you also use the granite body? I think even with those guards and the senton body it would not change that much.
Yes, i have done this swap, on the LWB (Senton/Typhon) chassis, using an SCT body. For anyone who wants to know what it involves, i will say, its not a direct fit, and, you do have to modify the Granite guards slightly. Here is how i did mine. This is the side with the battery straps:

IMG_20220128_012206801.jpg

and this is the opposite side:
IMG_20220128_013910441.jpg

the circled areas are where you have to trim the Granite guards to make them fit over the Senton side guards, as well as over the battery straps, and, here is what it looks like on the truck:
IMG_20220128_012300884.jpg

IMG_20220128_014211773.jpg

at the very back of the guards, you will have to find a way to attach them. If you look at the pics, i was lazy and just drilled a couple holes and used zip-ties to hold it there.

Didn't you get a dust cover?

Didn't you get a dust cover?
If you are asking me, no, i didnt. I never have, and i run all my SCT's and LWB hybrids ( i make my own truggies using LWB chassis, and adding a wing) in all kinds of terrain, and i never have issues with rocks and gravel affecting the steering. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Back