Senton 3s BLX to Syphock 3s BLX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginglehopper

RCTalk Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm converting my Arrma Senton 3s to a Typhon 3s. (Or Syphon) After bashing for a few months I've noticed that my body is breaking so often because I land on it so much. I went to order a new one and realized that the Typhon body was about half the price. Looking at my cousin's Typhon body, he doesn't even have a crack in it because when he flips over it doesn't touch the ground. I decided I was going to get Typhon body mounts and a body. I'm getting bigger tires and a smaller pinion too. I'm hoping to save a little money on cheaper bodies and them lasting longer along with me liking the Typhon look more now. I'm planning on leaving the senton bumper on because it's bigger but changing the rear bumper.

Next I'll probably 3d print the rear wing (Thanks Camaroboy383 for modeling it) and the rear wing mount (Thanks suchtragedy). I might be 3d printing some bigger tires with big teeth for the dirt, not sure yet tho. Still have to model them and not sure how hard it will be since I just installed meshmixer last night as I have been using sketchup. Sketchup hasn't worked good for printing as it fills in holes in some layers and makes holes where it should be filled in.

Body Mounts
Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 12.05.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 10.56.56 AM.png

@Ginglehopper what 3D printer are you using to make the new parts?
A Creality Ender 3 with some upgrades. We got a auto leveling system but we haven't figured out how to use it yet. It sounds like the programing is messed up and you have to change it a little. My dads work partner has the same one and he's helping us. We got belt tensioners and a Fulament Flex Plate. We're planning on getting better hardware for it as the one it comes with isn't the best. Not sure if the smaller parts will turn out well with a .4mm nozzle. Might have to switch to a .2mm.

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/official-creality-ender-3-3d-printer

Yeah, that would be cool. Good luck on the shop!:thumbs-up::) The ender 3 has a build plate of 220cm x 220cm x 230cm I think. If you want to print bigger you could get a bigger printer. I'm pretty sure Creality makes bigger ones. Maybe the Ender 5 is bigger? I 3d printed some "upgrades" for ours I found on thingiverse like a fan gaurd that keeps loose filament from falling in and stoping the fan and wrecking your hardware. There are filament guides too.

I hope you don't mind that I'm talking about this on an RC forum.
Filament Guides.JPG
Fan Guard.JPG
 Belt Tensioner .JPG

I ordered my body and body mounts. I got the body mounts off Amazon and the Body off JennysRC. They should be coming Saturday at the latest. I'll post some pics when I get them.

Front Body Mount:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR3204...dy+mounts&qid=1610651205&sr=8-2&&tag=arrma-20

Rear Body Mount:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR320452-Body-Mount-Typhon/dp/B07HZ5NPWP

Body:
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...uggy-ar402274-ar102696?variant=19223393468470

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 9.14.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 9.14.24 AM.png

Still trying to learn how to use meshmixer so it might be awhile till I get my tires modeled and printed.

I might just buy some Typhon tires and 17mm wheel hub thingys for now. I'm not sure yet tho. I don't do a lot of riding on asphalt so I don't NEED rubber tires.

Last edited:
Tires, pinion, and bumpers on. The rear wing is 3d printing right now. I rode it at 75% power without changing the pinion to see the speed, and it rips! I didn't want to do 100% power with the 20T pinion for fear of overheating the motor. I don't understand why nobody else does this, it looks sick, rides great, and isn't an expensive change. It should look even better when I get the rear wing and wing mounts on. The next upgrade I think will be a better servo. With the bigger tires, extended hub thingies on the tires, and the fact that my servo is already junk. I think it's now safe to call it a Syphock (Senton/Typhon/Bigrock)

I'm not sure if i'm going to be putting a SWB Granite chassis in it because I would either have to get a Granite body OR cut the rear of the Typhon body a few inches and re-drill the holes. I think I will leave it for now and see how it runs then maybe that will be a future project.

Attachments

• Syphock.JPG
    Syphock.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Syphock  .JPG
    Syphock .JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Syphock   .JPG
    Syphock .JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Syphock    .JPG
    Syphock .JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Syphock     .JPG
    Syphock .JPG
    245 KB · Views: 112
  • Rear Wing.JPG
    Rear Wing.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 102
A Creality Ender 3 with some upgrades. We got a auto leveling system but we haven't figured out how to use it yet. It sounds like the programing is messed up and you have to change it a little. My dads work partner has the same one and he's helping us. We got belt tensioners and a Fulament Flex Plate. We're planning on getting better hardware for it as the one it comes with isn't the best. Not sure if the smaller parts will turn out well with a .4mm nozzle. Might have to switch to a .2mm.

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/official-creality-ender-3-3d-printer
I said the programming was messed up, so we ordered a new thumbdrive bootloader thingy, tried it didn't work. It said something about USB so we checked the connection on the different pieces of the bootloader. They were fine. So i'm like "I'm just gonna try it one more time". I plug it in, do the whole process thingy, it works! Then I realized I pluged it into a different USB port in the computer the last time. It was the messed up USB port the whole entire time. So, we got the printer working fine.:) :thumbs-up:

That thing looks pretty slick!
I was thinking about doing something like this, or a monster senton/mojave.

Do you take 3d print orders? hahahaha

Thanks! I have a better build thread over @ARRMA Forum in better detail. Yeah, I really like it, it has plenty of speed, power, and traction. Ummmm..... I don't know if I take 3d print orders, but I printed the wing in PLA so it will just snap eaisily. Maybe once we get TPU and direct drive extruder but IDK yet. Or were you just being funny? :) :)

I can take print orders now if your still interested. It's been a while and i've upgraded the printer and got some great materials.

Back