Self adjusting hsn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
On both of my 2.5's, the hsn's like to move when the engines are warmed up. Obviously, this isn't adding to the fun factor.:) I don't have any green slime and no way to get any. Not sure if that stuff would even do any good for this problem. Any tips or tricks to getting the needles to stay put? Thanks as always. I've tried Teflon tape on the threads, but to no avail. I'm almost thinking about distorting the round, threaded part of the needle slightly. Figured I'd ask here before I ruined anything.:)

hi, i would try to get some tighter o rings first but if you end up trying to distort the thread id use a centerpunch and be v gentle ,, you can always hit harder but not undo a too hard hit (very basic advice i know which I'm sure you already had thought of ) good luck :)

I ended up putting a zip tie around the needle and the housing. Now the perforations of the needle and the strap kinda interlock, so I get almost perfect 1 hour increment adjustments. It worked out really well, but is kinda ugly.:)

Back