Searching for a model

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biscut06

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am searching for the model shown in the attached pictures. These images are all I have to go on. This model appears to have a drive motor and gearset/transmission on both the front and rear axles. I believe it is a monster truck, possibly 1/8 scale if not larger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

20220706_130558 (2)_1.jpg
Pic4_0.png

Are you interested in this rig for purchase?
The Redcat Everest 10 is a decent rig. My wife drives it and it's a fun truck to drive.
It doesn't come with rear steering but it is set up for that mod with a couple parts that are available.

everest 10.jpg

Are you interested in this rig for purchase?
The Redcat Everest 10 is a decent rig. My wife drives it and it's a fun truck to drive.
It doesn't come with rear steering but it is set up for that mod with a couple parts that are available.

View attachment 152653
Not currently thanks. I am working on a graduate project putting lidar gps and camera on a rc truck. I am currently researching weight capacities and stability. The pictures I posted are from a similar set up

Not currently thanks. I am working on a graduate project putting lidar gps and camera on a rc truck. I am currently researching weight capacities and stability. The pictures I posted are from a similar set up
I am familiar with Lidar. That chit is cool as hell. Saw where they used it to map caves, uncover lost cities in Central America, etc. Pretty cool stuff! You building a super spelunker? If so, I am wondering why it has to be that particular truck?

Because by the time you get the Lidar equipment on it, it's going to be really top heavy. I would choose a chassis with a lot lower CG.

I am familiar with Lidar. That chit is cool as hell. Saw where they used it to map caves, uncover lost cities in Central America, etc. Pretty cool stuff! You building a super spelunker? If so, I am wondering why it has to be that particular truck?

Because by the time you get the Lidar equipment on it, it's going to be really top heavy. I would choose a chassis with a lot lower CG.
I plan to put quite a few devices on, camera, gps, accelerometer, and lidar scanner. We have some very compact units. My main draw to this unit is the drive motors mounted on the axles which allows for a lower CG and frees up the top of the chassis. I will most likely extend the chassis with extended link bars and shock mounts which should drop the CG lower, may even be able to work in more suspension travel.

Back