Sealing Beadlocked Wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just curious is to how I can seal my tires to the wheel without having them leak the air out and become flat? I dont want to vent the wheel or tire because I want to be able to fully submerge the wheels into mud and water without having water balloon tires...

Any suggestions would be grand, oh PS, I am not looking for a permanent seal. I would like to remove the tire from the alloy wheel easily without baking, cutting or what have ya.

Thanks guys :D

Last edited:
^^ Yeah I was thinking something like that or some clear silicone caulk, I can't stand water in my wheels anymore, I have had too many mildewy foams in my scalers, and dont feel like un-doing 20,000 screws to dis-assemble and dry..

What rims are they? As long as their not vented, a good beadlock will seal it from water if seated right. And x2, I hate wet foams, their disgusting when you take them out.

I forgot the name, but they are HR 1.9 alloy wheels and I hope I do alright lol I hate flats.

I am running stock Axial 1.9 beadlocks not vented and they seam to be air tight to me, guess I will find out when I start getting into some water.

Back