Scx24 Servo & mount help. Deadbolt.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa_dude

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Flying
I broke my stock servo today on my 24 deadbolt, went to hobby town and all they had was an eco power, and suggested the samix servo mount. Installed both and it sit probobly a quarter of an inch past the steering linkage. Taken back apart and eyeballing side by side, the samix servo mount is longer than the stock mount. Eyeballing the servo mounting surfaces and horns (stock vs eco power) look identical. So I tried gringing the mount down very gently, but my belt sander swallowed it and it is no longer with us. rip.. I don't think it would have worked anyway.
Question:
Looking for a tried tested and true direct bolt on, What servo mount will work with the eco power?
Or, what mount and servo combo do I need.
I butchered up the stock mounting plate and still does not work with the eco power "The Y connector interferes with the drive shaft." Also installed yeah racings aluminum steering links. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220130_163127.jpg
    20220130_163127.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 112
there comes a time when you just have to fab something your self and always us the correct to for the job invest in a Dremel tool and a set of vise grip pliers and some Delron or uhm there's another letter but forgot

I'll second @Xraycer 's suggestion, I think it is probably the most popular aftermarket replacement. Works better than the original, and is a perfect fit. I just put one in last week. :thumbs-up:

Thanks guys. I played with it for a while, made some new holes on the servo. I finally got it running again. Issue is now the servo hits the transmitter tray. No bueno. Is there any binding or articulation binding with that set up you suggested? Going to get one coming, should be here Tuesday. BTW, the eco power works pretty darn good. And yes, I have a dremel, hopefully that disaster helps me make better decisions lol.

I just checked mine. On the Deadbolts, the servo does hit the esc tray, but it is also where the stock shocks bottoms out. So, shouldn't be an issue. On the Jeep/C10, the servo does not hit the esc tray. The Jeep/C10 has longer links up front than the Deadbolts.
All my 5 rigs, crawl great, so I don't feel there is any binding issue with this.

Last edited:
With the Samix mount on the Jeep, I think you have to slightly trim the bumper or bumper mount for it to clear. There is also the Hot Racing servo mount. Maybe it is shorter? I am going with the Eco Power servo as well on our Deadbolt and will be using the Hot Racing or Samix mount. Maybe I will grab both to see the difference.

The Power Hobby 5G is a direct bolt in servo. It is exactly the same size as the stock servo, but is a bit stronger. The Eco Power is the strongest of all of them, but most use the Emax.

Back