SCX #2...Jeep Cherokee

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought this rig used about a month ago, I just went through the whole truck and replaced the bearings and decided to buy a new body for it, I'll get more pics once it's painted.

jeepxj.gif

yea how is the other one coming along that u are going to be trading, i got an almos brand new MGT 4.6 SE that i am very willing to trade.

The other truck has been put on hold for now.

I love that XJ body, I am definitely going to have to pick one of those up.

As soon as I saw the pics of it from rcx I knew I would have one!

I took the first step in painting it

step1.gif

It's metallic silver. I was planning on painting the outside of the body with a different color, the silver is supposed to look like sheet metal when the main color gets scratched. I just removed the window masks and the protective film and now I'm not sure if I want to paint over it.

The way the light is hitting it in the pic it kinda looks color shifting paint, one of my buddy's just built a honcho and did exactly what you are thinking about doing, very cool idea and it will give it a more scale look is it starts getting beat up on the trail.

Looks blotchy but what was your secondary color?

Looks blotchy but what was your secondary color?

It is probably blotchy looking because the paint is cold, and causes moisture on the outside of the body as you paint, and with the plastic film on it, it probably enhances this affect in the picture.

What he said ^^^^^^ and I haven't decided on the color yet, but the flares and rook rails will get the plasti dip treatment!

Last edited:
That thing is freakin sick. I know what setup I'm getting for Teri now.

Definately a sweet lid, can't wait to see some pics of the other color....

It is probably blotchy looking because the paint is cold, and causes moisture on the outside of the body as you paint, and with the plastic film on it, it probably enhances this affect in the picture.

Yep, looks like a killer paint job on a lid with the overspray film still on it. Very nice, I understand why you are hesitant to cover that with an exterior color!

I would just do some detailing with a bit of black around the doors and body lines then call it good.

I shot the first coat of color earlier today

XJbody.gif

sweet can't wait to see it all bruised up with that silver underneath...

I just shot it with some clear and the results are not good! In spots it has a nice shine but it has streaks that came out milky looking :(