Screw lost......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliboyNUFC

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I just fitted the front bumper to my element enduro trailrunner but when I first got it I spilled the screws and I lost a few stuff. I've lost the screw for the D ring on the bumper but I can't find the same screw anywhere. On the manual it says its 3x8 mm. Does anyone know where I could find the same screw or similar?
Also I know its only a small difference but its annoying me so yeah I don't care 🤣.

Attachments

• 20220222_013002.jpg
    20220222_013002.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 48
Any honby shop.
Rpphobby has screws, and even m1.6-m3 scale bolts.
Amain and all the similar sites should have phiilips and allen screws of different material. Stay away from stainless is my suggestion.

Always a good idea to buy a complete screw kit. With you living over the pond, I can't help you out my man.

Any honby shop.
Rpphobby has screws, and even m1.6-m3 scale bolts.
Amain and all the similar sites should have phiilips and allen screws of different material. Stay away from stainless is my suggestion.
What "M" is a 3x8 mm screw. Don't want to sound stupid but that's a serious question so I know which ones to buy 😂.

Yea 3/8 is standard and if that’s the closet size you are looking at 10mm in Metric

It should be in your parts break down diagram in your owners manual, or you can probobly download one pdf?

M3=3mm diameter screw. M3x8=3mm diameter screw x 8mm long.

Button heads and cap screws are measured from underneath the head to the tip of the screw. For flatheads, the length is the overall length of the screw.

There are different thread pitches for the various screws which makes them fine thread or coarse thread (there are others, but let's not go there). Our RC's fortunately only use coarse thread hardware, and you kinda have to go out of your way to order the wrong thread pitch (distance between each thread). But it's something to be aware of.

When ordering screws, you want these thread pitches.
M2 - .4 pitch
M3 - .5 pitch
M4 - .7 pitch
M5 - .8 pitch

Back