Scout II

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I've been looking at different bodies for a while and haven't seen anything like the old 70's International Harvester Scout II. I've seen one that looks like it could be an earlier 60's model Scout, but that's about it.

Anyone know if there's a Scout II body out there? I'd love to have one if there is...

The one that seems like it could be might have been named something else and changed just enough to avoid liscensing issues. I know pro-line was forced to discontinue the land crusier, so they named it the bushwaker body, and I'm guessing it had something to do with the tamaya rock crawler project, they probably wanted exclusive rights to the land cruiser body.

As far as I know there is no scout body, neither lexan or a hardbody. Theres a guy at Scale4x4 that made a scratch built one out of styrene.

Cool, thanks!! Looks like I'll have a new body in a while!!
I had a 72 that was a rust bucket, but man it was a fun POS! Would be kind of cool to make a few holes around the fender wells and rockers with a dremel to simulate body cancer and have someone paint it like my old one...:LoL:

I had a 72 that was a rust bucket, but man it was a fun POS! Would be kind of cool to make a few holes around the fender wells and rockers with a dremel to simulate body cancer and have someone paint it like my old one...:LoL:

Then do it! but just paint the cancer on, and paint it to look like yours. I say go for it, I would!

I think I will!! Couldn't turn out worse than the rattle can flat black and grey primer paint I actually had on the 72! Could it? :ponder:

I was just at HobbyTown today, and now because of this thread I'll have to drive all the way back there tomorrow to pick up and old pickup truck.
I did a few model cars in faded paint and rusty fenders, years ago, and no one appreciates how much work goes into them.

Cool, I want to see it when you finish it Rolex. I have seen some very creative stuff done with lexan bodies. Painted on the outside, with the inside painted in rust and silver so when the paint on the outside gets scratched it looks like raw metal and rust.

NC, I wish I had a pic of my step-dads 74 to post. He did a frame up on his, it was beautiful... Baby blue with the white ralley package stripes going over the hood and down the sides, had a transplanted 392 in it, like mine, and a 3" lift with 33's...it was Swwweeeeettt!

Hmmm..I might have to get a second body and save it for later to paint like that...

I was just at HobbyTown today, and now because of this thread I'll have to drive all the way back there tomorrow to pick up and old pickup truck.
I did a few model cars in faded paint and rusty fenders, years ago, and no one appreciates how much work goes into them.

:LoL::LoL: No respect!!:LoL:

:LoL::LoL: No respect!!:LoL:

YEAH, what HE said.

Okay, okay. I'm back. I'm back from HobbyTown, after driving in a driving rain, where I went to pick up a pickup.

I have a 1956 Ford F-100 and I think it will fade and rust very nicely if I leave it behind someone's barn for several years.
I checked out several older pickup bodies, and this one seemed to fit all the ideas that hit me last night.
This project should be a nice change of pace from all the bling lids.

Ditto! Sounds like you've got the creative juices flowin!

The body has been all cut out and is now ready for paint. Once I get going on this, I'll run the pics in the Body Shop forum.

hehehe...man, when you get the itch, you really start scratchin!!

I've been working on some rat rod style bodies, and I've known several people to do the "patina" look. It works really well to use a dremel tool and buff from the inside of the body with a very very fine tip of some type, so it wears a few small holes from the inside. I've been practicing on coke bottles. If you do them irregular and from the inside, they REALLY look like real rust once painted.