Scalloped paint jobs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentWov

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Heres my latest airbrush efforts for your perusal. Its an idea I stole from Richard Saxton's scalloped car, with my own twist. (orange and yellow are faded together, and side scallops are angled). First time messing with that alclad chrome stuff too. I think you almost need a separate airbrush if your going to be mixing lacquers and acrylics... it fowled the brush.

Paints used: Faskolors blue, white, charcoal, black, florescent orange and yellow. Alclad II chrome lacquer, and Parma white spray can undercoat/sealer.

The blue one is mine, the red one I made for a teammate who wanted red. Fascolor doesn't make a nice metallic red, instead they make this "Fasescent Red" color that looks like fingernail polish. My wife said he would have to be secure with his masculinity to drive a "pink" car. haha, but out in the sun it does have these cool purple metallics.

Only my 6th and 7th airbrush paint jobs. Learning and still having fun.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions welcome.
scallop.jpg

scallop3.jpg

not bad but i like to use dark colors cuz the sun tends to make the cars blend into then scene

but those are nice lids i wish i could do stuff like that

those look sweet. Now paint jobs like that is exactly why I need to invest in an airbrush and compressor kit.

I like it. I'm a fan of layering. I like paint that is intensely 3D. So those are cool. And the colors are nice. Even though they may seem to blend into the scenery, bright colors are a lot easier to see when you're racing....

I did enjoy racing the new colors today. Car always seems to run better with a fresh paint job <G>. 2nd is ok.

Couple times in the winter/early spring the mains finished after it started getting dark. Alot more crashes, and I absolutely hate to drive when I can't see it that well. Was thinking maybe day-glo colors this fall. Not sure if I would have to "charge" them under a florescent pit-trailer lamp.