sc10rs lots of info do not yell at me lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So in my last thread i talked about wanting to race but having limited funds to get going. I had some great advice and a few guys even posted links to some rtr trucks. I am pretty much ready to say i am getting a sc10rs rtr brushles/lipo combo. There is 3 body themes i like the rockstar but that has nothing to do with why i made this thread. My thinking is to keep the set up which is a 3000 mah 2s 25c lipo and a basic lipo charger that i can charge at 1-2-3-4 and 5 amp. I will take time to learn the track sure i might miss out on some racing but i want to know if i just use what i have get to know the track and then wait a month and then upgrade to what tires/foams will work and get my race packs is that a good idea? My only issue is having one pack and i think it should give me 20 min or so run time and 45 min charge up so i will have some down time. I would limit my use to only on the track and that is wen when they have all day off roadtrack practice from 11 am to 10 pm . 10.00 fee and for me i was thinking i can learn the track and not worry about using any packs that i would race with to just practice. If i do this i can pick up 8 aa/charger set up for the remote for the month . I know the charger is not the best its a reedy charger there like 70-80.00 and i tell ya there better then the duratrax that is less but still a budget lipo it has only 1.5 3 and 5 amp option keep in mind i want to use tower to order but i am open to other sites but i am going to be a club member so i get free shipping on my next order and that will save me some money future online buys. I was reading some guys go with the 299 brushless then pick there battery and charger. I am kinda torn if i am just going with the battery for a practice pack for a few weeks would the charger be good for a race season? i am open to getting a second charger even the same when i order tires/batteries in late april/early may. I see some 20-40.00 ac lipo chargers some with fans some with out and i see some basic packs keep in mind i need dean lipos as my esc is set with a dean battery connection. I think the wolfpack 3000mah 2s 25c imo is over priced at damn near 35-40.00 per pack. I am aiming for 3-4 4000 2s 25-40c packs and tires and that extra charger. I know there is a lot i said it is just the starting point for some in door racing and i want to make sure i do not waste money on the charger/battery. even if i just plan to use the battery for 3-5 weeks TOPS.
link to the truck http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVKY&P=0
battery it comes with over price imo - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVHP&P=V
Charger now if this is good for a season of racing i am ok with the whole package i am kinda living and dieing on what you guys think. check the specks . the duratrack does not let you select your amp in 1 amp increases.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAYRZ&P=V
for my batterys i like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBAKN&P=M
They sell a 4000 pack for a few bucks less but i think i could cut down on the charge time but if i get a second charger i would not mind the 5000 pack here is the 4000. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBPGW&P=M . 25c rating is a tad low i fear i might over charge and mess up the batteries i might aim for 4000 and 30c-40c

Last edited:
I purchased the Toyota body SC10RS rtr, (2) duratrax 5000mah 35c batteries and then I purchased a 2000mah 35c soft case pack. What I do is have everything charged. I run the 2000mah pack for practice which gives me about 25-30 minutes of run time. Then I put it on the charger. For race one I use the 5000mah pack. After race one it goes on the charger when the 2000mah pack is done. For race two I use the second 5000mah pack. By the time the main comes around, the first 5000 pack is ready for the race. This worked well for me last time I raced. I did notice however that the truck performs different with the lighter 2000 mah pack. I might sell my pack and get another hard case duratrax pack for practice. I've had great luck with duratrax packs across the board.

thanks, i see so many options out there it is driving me nuts. Oh yea i am not keeping the stock 2.4 system. I have it with my sc10gt and i tell ya one min it says i have full battery then i am dead and the light is blinking. Come to find out the wire that goes in to the 8 battery tray has to sit right or less it will trigger low voltage . I am getting a better remote to race with it has a lipo battery and i can charge it at the track . Its skyfly cheapo setup but better should be good for getting threw a day of racing.

Back