Savox Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If anybody has any real world experience with Savox servos, please post up about them.

Are they reliable?
Have you had any issues?
Have you ever had to contact customer service if you did have a problem?

I've only had word of mouth and reading experience but I've seen almost nothing but good about them. Lots and lots of comp crawler guys run them, so if a comp crawler is running them, they gotta be worth something...

I'm using a 1268sg for steering on my maxx, I have bellcrank servo saver set fairly tight via shimming and I am running big joes. I can honestly say its an amazing servo and I'm very happy with it. All of their high end stuff is also water resistant out of the box which is also awesome. I liked it so much I bought a 40 dollar servo of theirs for throttle and its just as awesome. Imho savox is a game changer.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

I got a Savox coreless digital servo for the tail rudder of my last heli build, and I must say it's the smoothest and quietest servo I've ever seen.

1256tg and the 1258tg are awesome 'mid' torque servos with full digi core titanium gears as well. Awesome servos and is all I use

My next servo purchase will be Savox. Everything I've read about them has been positive, my LHS has been selling them for at least a year now along with other brands but strongly recommends Savox as well.

The Losi 5ive uses a pair of large scale servos made by Savox.

There have been reported instances of the T/B servo failing. Could be the user not setting end points properly or it could be a bad batch. I don't know.

What I do know is that the T/B servo is analog and the steering servo is digital. Fail on Losi's part IMO. At the very least I need to replace the T/B servo since I only use digital servos. I'm feeling comfortable with getting a Savox SV0235MG after your responses.

It's widely known that Savox makes the servos for Align helis. The smaller ones like the ones in my 450 kind of have a bad rap in the heli circles, but I haven't had any issues. Flybarless helis place a lot of stress and demand on the servos as they are now the "virtual flybar" in essence. I've seen numerous reports of the larger servos in the 600 & 700 birds going for over 1000 flights without issue. I'd buy them without any hesitation at all.

All of their high end stuff is also water resistant out of the box which is also awesome.

I sent them an email 6 months or so ago asking specifically if they had any servos that were sealed and they replied that they didn't have any. May have been a bit longer ago... Maybe they added them to their lineup?

Got a link to an example of a "water resistant" one?

Back