Savox servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORDSVTTHUNDER

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I figured when I go to the LHS to let them help me get my truck going I would upgrade the steering servo since it seems a must with the x. He has a savox with 220 tq rating for $35. I forgot the part # but he showed me a maxx with it installed that had kong tires on it turning the wheels like crazy on the carpet. My question is will the servo work with my factory Rx or do I have to change something ?

as long as its digital to digital or analog to analog you should be fine. If you run analog now and try and upgrade to digital that would require modifying the rx/tx. May want to get a hump pack tho as it is sure to draw more power.

I know the brushless and HO savox servos draw alot of amps but I ran the 1256tg on my slash for a day and didnt notice a run-time change.

HO-High Output or High Voltage -HV

If you go with an alloy horn, they are a 25t spline, or the Futaba style horns.

as long as its digital to digital or analog to analog you should be fine. If you run analog now and try and upgrade to digital that would require modifying the rx/tx. May want to get a hump pack tho as it is sure to draw more power.

I'm running the 2.4 GHz that came on the truck. Digi or analog?
I've got a new hump pack but I've got to make an adapter for it to hook into my on/off plug.

You can probably find the adapter online but stock is analog

Rolex, you should check out the new CORDLESS servos, they were recommended before on this forum. :hehe:
I remember that thread well. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Savox has them in stock yet. I'm on the waiting list.
Where to run those wires is always a hassle in a heli, so I'm really looking forward to going cordless. :D

I remember that thread well. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Savox has them in stock yet. I'm on the waiting list.
Where to run those wires is always a hassle in a heli, so I'm really looking forward to going cordless. :D
You can mod any corded servo to make it cordless, the key is to use scissors or nail clippers NOT wire snips.:D

Back