Savox 1256 TG problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hai everyone, i just got a savox 1256 tg installed on my buggy. and for the first 5 seconds when u just turn the reciever and transmitter on, the steering turns jerkly. but after 3 - 5 seconds, it runs really smooth.

whats causing this? this is a brand new unit. all batteries are just fully charged.

I have one of those in my Savage XL as the steering servo and it does the same thing. It could be caused by a number of things. The titanium gears could be causing some minor interference or if it's 2.4ghz it could just be reciever searching for the open frequency.

so sounds like its normal, nothing to worry about?

I haven't had any issues so far and I've been running that servo for a good 6 months or so.

Best thing to do would be to call Savox's tech support and ask them about it. If its normal they will know, if its not normal or if its a know problem they can probably help you figure it out or maybe even get it replaced under warranty. Sounds to me like its having trouble centering. You never know I had a small glitch in a JR servo I had once and I ignored it for awhile and then one day it got a lot worse and when I finally called about it I found out they had a recall on a particular batch of that model servo and they sent me a replacement free of charge even though my warranty was technically out. That's my .02 on it.

i might give them a call and ask about it. i might, if i do, i will let you guys know if thats normal.

Back