savage xl or traxxas tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08hawkeso

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi all,

i am going to get a rc truck what is the best one i am not a beginner i have been in the sport for 3 yhs i am sort of either getting savage xl or traxxas tmaxx

thank you

Neither! Buy my Revo 3.3 ;-)

Actually....I would rule out the T-Maxx if you're not a beginner. Stick to a Revo or a Savage in my opinion. You will be happy with either.

+1 on the Revo or Savage. Both are great for bashing and the Revo can also be raced as well. The trucks are both fairly stout out of the box. The only thing I'd recommend is that you check and see which truck that your local hobby shop carries parts for. It kind of sucks breaking a part and have to order it and wait a week or two.

....and I've got a REALLY nice Revo package for sale in the for sale forum. Some nice upgrades to it...custom painted body....and TONS of spare parts!

hehehe

the thing tht put me of the revo is the horizontal suspension is it good or the same or worse

The suspension is better than the one used on the T-Maxx. The suspension allows for a lower center of gravity that makes the truck less top-heavy. The suspension is more compliant and allows the truck to move more quickly over rough terrain. In short, it allows the Revo run very fast over most uneven surfaces.

Plus it's pretty tunable with the stock equipment + springs. You can get it to handle pretty much any way YOU want it to ;-)

In my experience, the savage holds up better for a basher than the revo. I've had both and no longer have the revo. Kept having the engine bay bend on me from big landings. Just gets old after a while. That was after ditching reverse (shelled out on me), new electronics (which I'd do on most RTR's), new pipe, RPM arms all around and axle carriers.

Ran it for a good year or so and just got tired of the little gripes I couldn't fix.

In hind sight, I should have probably kept it. Was kind of nice having a small block MT to putt around a skatepark with. Just didn't hold a candle to my friends and the LST2's for handling and general screwing around. I got an aftershock and upgraded it to the moon to compete/bash with them... now that I bash alone again (all friends on hard times), I pretty much just run my jato and savage. My aftershock sits on the shelf.