Savage XL bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcdoode7

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all,

I'm looking for a savage xl body. My question is will a savage X body fit an XL frame? I haven't really looked at them too much, but any input would be awesome.

Also, if someone can link me a good site for bodies would be amazing!

cheers,
dcdoode7

Nope the X body is way too short to fit the XL. Where are you at mate that help us find where is best for you to order from. You in the Uk or Oz?

I'm in Ontario, Canada actually :D. I didn't think the X bodies would fit, but it's good to make sure. I've seen some really sweet bodies (the El Camino, Charger) and they say they will fit the all the trucks on the savage line. I'm thinking they're bodies that you just have to drill your own holes, but I'm not sure!

You said cheers so..my bad I guessed wrong...lol. Tower Hobbies has some decent lids. You need a body around 21" long to fit correctly. This one is kinda different. Just depends on what you like.

I'm in Ontario, Canada actually :D. I didn't think the X bodies would fit, but it's good to make sure. I've seen some really sweet bodies (the El Camino, Charger) and they say they will fit the all the trucks on the savage line. I'm thinking they're bodies that you just have to drill your own holes, but I'm not sure!

It looks like your into the old school look. I haven't seen a muscle car that would fit the xl but the HPI 79 ext cab ford truck looks really good its old school but not muscle. Almost any body you find Between 515-530mm long x 195-205mm wide can fit with modifications if needed.

424898_2984812333852_1068307103_2932686_1667721680_n.jpg

Sorry joey! I played soccer my whole life and the way the Brits talked rubbed off on me, but I'll definitely have a look at tower, and anything in 21" you say should work on an XL?

Back