Savage XL 5.9 Loss of compression

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morallo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i got myself a savage XL, ran it in worked perfect but after a few days of going out and around with it i noticed a loss in the compression when starting it from cold, now its just stupidly hard to get it started when i take it out ffor the first time in the day, I'm constantly pulling the pullstart for it to get the compresion in it to start, after a while it starts and once its warmed up it takes 1 pull to start again.

does any 1 have an idea whats making it have no compression when I'm taking it out for the first time

I'm using OS 8 plugs with BigBanf 20% fuel

ps had to change to pullstart due to the roto going dead once it finaly got started :hehe:

well the car runs perfect apart from when i let it idle for maybe 10-20 seconds and it bogs down, but when i tighten the LSN it ends up bluring

You need to adjust it no more than 1/16 of a turn at a time, with the engine at running temp. After each adjustment you'll need to drive in circles to keep it warm and give it a chance to settle in. If it starts to get worse, start turning it the other way. The LSN is for idle and take off and the HSN is for WOT. However, a bad setting on either needle will offset the other, so start with the HSN at 1/4 turn leaner than factory settings, then work on the LSN.

Back