savage x ss winter fun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i had my savage out a couple days ago when it was a nice 55 out. which is about 40 degrees warmer than its been, fired up with a little trouble and started fiddling with the mixes before it was even started. i can't believe how much leaner i had run the thing when it was below freezing out. i ended up taking out about a half turn from both mixes. but after it fired up, i got some heat in it and began tuning. i got it just about tuned up and then threw it ontop of the 3 feet of snow. weve had a couple warm days so the snow melted and froze several times making it hard ice crystals. it was a riot. after about a half a tank the engine started bogging. i couldn't figure out why it almost sounded like the engine had leaned out. so after a little while of fattening it up it now only sounded worse. and then i picked it up and revved it thinking the exaust might just have been loaded and noticed the engine...flopping around inside the truck lol. :hehe: three motor screws were loose and one was completely gone. and the mesh was jammed together so tight i had to pry them apart almost. but oh well lesson learned.....check motor screws for tightness :p

lol yea, and i had to use their crappy hex tool to put the screws in because the heads are too big. which i am changing lol

This is your new truck right? Loc-Tite the grub screws while you're at it or you'll be stuck wondering why it's revving and not moving.

I'm not extremely familiar with the savage wich screws are those?

Back