Savage X plus rain=fun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i finally after about a month of waiting got a clutch bell in so i could run my savage. it was raining but i was going out anyway. what a blast! it started off kind of rough, as i hadn't drained the old fuel, ran rather rough and wouldn't get up to speed. threw in some new 30% and it ran like a boss. slight tuning later and i was doing high speed passes through my yard. ROOSTER TAILS of water about 10 feet high! instant wheelies even with the tires spinning! i started doing some jumps off a 1 1/2 foot ramp. wet plastic doesn't grip too well haha. stripped out the servo horn. and the tank emptied on my way back to the house. always gotta love the savage

Driving in the rain and water is so sweet....... Wish the savvys electronics were waterproof

yea, i know its not too good for the electronics, but i figured as long as i didn't go through any huge puddles it shouldn't kill it. only thing good that's in it is an $80 Futaba steering servo. the rest is at least decently protected and that's just a crappy throttle servo, and a Spektrum receiver. I was out again today doing a couple backflips off some ramps stacked up. do any of you have a problem with the engine taking a LOOOONG time to come in? it seems like it doesn't heat up till 3/4 through the first tank.

...ROOSTER TAILS of water about 10 feet high!...

Been mentionned already but...ill say it again...water and electronics dont go togetter. unless u got ur electronics water proof...same thing happened to me a year ago n i fried my steering servo...was fun to run around in the rain...but 15 mins wasn't worth a 70$ servo...I'm just saying!!

Back