Savage X ? on the shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z400

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Any idea if the savage 21 shock bodies are the same for the savage x?

looking for replacements caps, and it looks like bodies come with

but I'm also looking for X shock parts, and am only seeing 21 stuff on tower.

will they work?

maybe someone else knows where some savage X caps are, just interested in the plastic ones for right now.

buddy is gonna upgrade to the aluminum shocks here before not much longer

thanks a bunch

Sean

Yep, they're the same part's. I did a part-by-part comparison of the X and the .25. The shocks are about the only common parts between the trucks (besides the trans internals and very few other parts... And the screws, lol). The only real difference is the spring.

Yep, they're the same part's. I did a part-by-part comparison of the X and the .25. The shocks are about the only common parts between the trucks (besides the trans internals and very few other parts... And the screws, lol). The only real difference is the spring.

:confused: Whats the diff between the plastic and aluminium ones...(cuz i hear alot of dif things)

Besides the material used, pretty much nothing. They're the same displacement. I prefer the stock plastics because they are cheaper to replace in the event of a broken shock.

the plastic houseing gives a little as well, which keeps from bending shock shafts so easily. for bashers i dont think there is a better shock for the savage, unless you go short tower and buggy rears.

:bow: COOL !!! Thanks alot guys, i just wanted to know for sure...

Back