Savage X needs new engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jluros

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to the hobby and a total noob. I got a Savage X for free, but it looks like hell and the engine is seized/shot. It’s been sitting for years, and was put away dirty. In trying to get the rotostart backplate off, I stripped a screw, and in trying to dremel that out, destroyed the backplate (which was cracked when I got it). I’m thinking it might make sense to just start over with a new engine, but I have no idea whether to go used (maybe from here), or buy OEM or new? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You can get a low budget engine to start out with ,like a Trackstar or Dynamite 28 size engine
to learn with!..:cool:
Here is some from Amazon!..:thumbs-up:

https://www.amazon.com/Trackstar-SEG-H-28-Stroke-Racing-Engine/dp/B00I17JVE0/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=hobby+remote+&+app+controlled+vehicle+parts+rc+nitro+engine&qid=1620530675&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-6

1620531003964.png

Savage X for free = Fantastic!

@cbaker65 I don't have any experience with that brand of engine but for the price it might be the ticket to learn with on the cheap.

Savage X for free = Fantastic!

@cbaker65 I don't have any experience with that brand of engine but for the price it might be the ticket to learn with on the cheap.

I didnt know that they existed until maybe a couple months ago ,but seeing some review vids of them ,
they been out for nearly 10 years ,I might consider getting one myself!..🤔

2015 vid.!...🤔

I've never used trackstar engines and maybe it will work fine but if you want a better quality engine or the Trackstar doesn't work out then Id Probably look at the SH Engines PT28XM1-P8 .28 Pro Rear Exhaust 8 Port Engine. Its A fair amount more expensive than the Trackstar but as far as .28 engines go its still a budget price compared to some of the high end engines that are out there.