savage x need spur gear recommendations to minimize wheelies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a plastic gear hub when it should be metal. A metal gear is the only option to fix the melting.

Greywolf, I had a problem on my savage ss for a while, where if I didnt locktite that nut and tighten it seriously down, if I ran on grass my spur would melt in the center. I never had this with my maxxes, only my Savage SS. Running in grass is very hard on drive train components. BUT, even if it was a bad clutch or bearing, oil content of the fuel would still not be an issue for this particular problem.

It's a plastic gear hub when it should be metal. A metal gear is the only option to fix the melting.
Once again wrong, I have a plastic spur on my Savage, my maxxes, my on roads, NONE have a metal spur. Unless you own a savage and understand savage issues please refrain from giving out bad info.

I have a Savage X and it has a metal spur gear. If your spur melts in the center your slipper clutch is bad. If it melts the teeth your clutch is slipping.
The plastic spur wont work with a LRP ZR32. It just breaks. The Savage has a Z28R in it now. All it did was flip on it's roof all the time with the 32.
An X should have no trouble going over grass that has been mowed even somewhat recently.

If you don't like wheelies and traction rolling in grass get some tires with less grip so they will slip more.

iu

Once again wrong, I have a plastic spur on my Savage, my maxxes, my on roads, NONE have a metal spur. Unless you own a savage and understand savage issues please refrain from giving out bad info.
Op has the option to use metal gears if he chooses fix his problem bad slipper gears. You can't make that choice for him or tell me what I can and can't do. I will continue to give advice when and where it's needed.

Op has the option to use metal gears if he chooses fix his problem bad slipper gears. You can't make that choice for him or tell me what I can and can't do. I will continue to give advice when and where it's needed.

Yeah, no. You said using a metal gear was his ONLY option to stop the melting, it is not! Is is an option, yes, is it the only option NO! Giving advice is fine, giving bad advice is not. If you continue to be confrontational and continue giving bad advice, I will just start removing your posts. Have great day.

Back