savage x 4.6 wheels hit the shocks??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought. (It would be MORE offset) I looked at the rims you linked to and compared them to several different sets of Savage wheels that I have. Your rim is almost to the outside of the tire, and that's why the inside is hitting the shocks.
The only thing I could suggest is moving the shocks in on top and bottom and see if it gives you more clearance.

You also have this option:

http://www.novarcproducts.com/wheelextensions.html

Last edited:
thanks for the advice but i tweeked with it for awhile and i got it to work :)

I have the wheels and tires on my savage XL, and zero issues. nothing rubs, great tires. Maybe there too wide for your truck? 40 series wheels and tires where designed more for the revo 3.3, Losi XXL and the savage xl, there larger trucks. But maybe get wheel spacers or different rims

I had the big joes on my 4.6 and I didnt have any issues. I used Axial rims though.

I have the big IMEX 44s, and plenty of clearance. The rim is offset for that reason.

Alloy_Sav9.jpg

to be honest i dont know what i did i just took the wheels off and put them on untill finaly they didnt rub. i think it was because i put them on wrong the first time

if you didn't line up the hex bolts to the ones on the rim, and just forced it, it shouldn't matter. But you probably messed the rims up pretty good doing that. Maybe the 40 series wheels and tires just wont go on your truck? Sorry.

Back