savage throttle mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Pulled out the savage and it was missing the entire throttle linkage.
All that was connected was a servo horn. I got my hands on a dynamite pro tune set. Does anyone have a write up? I've seen pics online but need more instructions. I can't remember how it all goes...it has been way too long

@wannarunem the Dynamite Pro Tune set wasn't made for one particular RC if I'm not mistaken. So it's really just a matter of using it to fit your needs. So that said I'd take a look at your Savage manual and install it similarly.

If you don't have your Savage manual you could check www.rcdocuments.com as they have some HPI Savage truck manuals.

The wires in the pro-tune set are likely too short. They appear to be made for a 1/8 buggy. The brakes and carb are typically a lot closer to the servo on a buggy than on the savage. So you will need new wires.

Couple of my savage linkage setups in the past:
2004-1106-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2005-0626-SavageThrottleLinkageBearings.jpg

2008-1030-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2010-0410-ThrottleLinkage.jpg

2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

Thanks guys. I don't recommend ever getting out of the hobby lol. It is unreal what information you forget when you get back in. I have a gallon of fuel in my shop and determined to see if I can get it running on it today....it is 2 years old.
Got the throttle linkage together and appreciate the pics. My savage has been sitting for almost a decade.

Last edited:
Back