Savage Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well...I'm glad I bought the Hot Bodies shocks. The stock ones suck. Mine came half empty as the oil leaked out all over the inside of the box. The springs are beyond lame. They make the stock T-Maxx shocks look like the incredible Hulk.

My only problem is that the Hot Bodies threaded shocks come with some weak ass rod ends. I broke two during the installation. Talk about pissed off. I ended up replacing all of them with some heavy duty rod ends that I use for my T-Maxx turnbuckles. Those suckers aren't going anywhere.

Anyway, I am still looking for one last thing to complete my suspension...a set of Trinity Springs for the Savage. Anyone know if they exist? If so, a link would be useful. Thanks.

WFC springs are abundant and avail in diff weight ratings.

SkyMaxx,

Where did you find the shocks at? Everyone I have looked so far have been sold out.

-WoodiE

My LHS had six sets of them. They kind of over ordered expecting a rush on Savage stuff...they had Hyper 21 8 ports for $150.

I'm a little CA glue for the tires and a couple of stickers away from bashing the new truck...oops...forgot about the freakin' rain. Maybe I need to build an ark...

Hyper 21 8 port for $150? wow, you can almost get the picco .26 for that price.

I ordered the GPM shocks from here http://www.rcxshop.com/ in Hong Kong they took about 2 weeks to finaly ship whichwas on Thursday at around 3:00 A.M. EST they cost $25 for 2 so the whole set cost me $125 with shipping. I know the HB shocks are good from what everyone is saying but I liked the color of the GPM ones. they raised the price to $28 for 2 now but I still think its a deal compared to the $160 for the set at Hobbyetc.com.

Back