savage shocks what oil?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingbeastie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi i stripped all my shocks off my savage 25 to clean and noticed quite some difference in the resistance of each shock is this normal or do i need to refill them and if they do
need to refill them what oil should i use any help would be great
thanks in advance:D

Well , sometimes the springs in the shocks weaken over time but it could be numerous things. It could be something as simple as maybe some of the spacers fell off the outside of the shock , this would weaken the shock dramatically if off. It could also be that some of the oil levels seeped out and the oil levels are not the same. As far as weight , 30 -35 should be ok for all around useage. just make sure you fill them all up equally and things should be ok. Let us know how you make out.

Last edited:
Hi jk I've checked all springs and i replaced the spacers with slightly bigger ones but they are still the same. i think it is a case of nice fresh oil in all shocks I've not done this before and am hoping its a nice easy job to do lol i would like the shocks to be a bit stiffer than normal standard so would the oil u suggested do that

Honestly , I would reccommend just putting new oil and then adding more spacers when you want a stiffer ride , then this way if you want to loosen it up , all you have to do is remove some of the spacers. For example , my 4tek has 2 spacers on the front shocks and one on each rear. But when I'm on a perfectly smooth surface , I really dont need the front so stiff , so I remove a spacer on each front.:) Hope this helps.

Hi jk ye does help didnt think of that so you recomend sticking with 35wt oil all round and just use spacers to stiffen as needed will have to try that when my oil comes will let u know how i get on thanks alot mate:D

Back