savage reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanike

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
curious if i should transfer the reverse module over to the three speed or if it is a weak link to destroy other stuff,,,,,,just payed 22 dollars for a steel first gear,,,,thanx people.

thanx does it weaken the trans?

Yes the drive shaft is actually 2 pieces molded together and any engine with decent power will snap the shaft of shread the butter gears inside. Been there, done that.

thanx much sv250 will do!appreciate the life lesson,,,,

If you decide not to use it and want to sell it cheap let me know. I know the issues they have but it's good novelty for the shows I do for kids.

i'll let you know if i sell,,,,probably sellin 2 speed and all,,,,,,,,,,,

I have a 4.6 and 3 speed in my XL conversion and I have about 40 hours on the truck and reverse module and everything has heald up just fine. I like having reverse (really cuts down on the walking to turn it around). From what everyone is saying I may have just gotten the 1 in a million that was built well but I have never had any issues.

I like it too when it actually worked. Thats why I kept fixing them. Its just too much hassles to tear the entire truck down to get it out.

They were designed for the original .21. They havent upgraded the design to handle todays.28's.

Come to think of it rev isnt really good in any r/c. I know Traxxas and Losi sell foward only kits. I cut it out of my LST2, Tmaxx and Revo...

"yeah i only believe in forward fast" Chief Run With The Bulls "summer of 1875"

I dont have a huge area to run mine in so I use reverse quite often but your right, if I had the proper area to run it, there would be absolutely no need for reverse.

It all depends on the space available.