savage reverse module

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauls141

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi i have a 4.6 xl with the 5.9 xl chassis plates, i have just bought the sf-5 steering servo as my sf-2 broke. i was wondering about the reverse module, I've been looking at them and i belive i can run it off my original servo's but it says i need a mixer is that correct?

What radio and Rx are you using?
Reverse uses a separate servo and mechanical linkage.
Open the battery/servo box cover and you'll see where it needs to go.

savage reverse

thanks for the quick reply, just i had a savage 25 about a 4 years ago and the guy that fitted didnt use an extra servo i just bought the reverse module. cheers though i know where it goes now :)

reverse module

Hi, ok i found out why i didnt need a servo last time on my savage 25, it was because it was a 3 channel and mine now is only a 2 channel, so i will need the servo. aslo the mixer i was talking about just prevents gear box damage, instead of flicking the little switch on the controller this mixer makes sure the car is stopped at least 3 seconds (stand still) holding break that pops it into reverse and then back on the trottle for 3 seconds and your off, good idea but just a waste of cash i think just respect the fact you need to stop before flicking the reverse switch.

grrr stupid optidrive .........

I loved it when i converted my 4.6 to the xl chassis, it finally stays on all fours. :hehe:

Even with the original S-25 (which I have) you needed a servo to move the reverse linkage in and out. It's the newer Savy's with the two channel radio you need the HPI mixer for. The older three channel radios (like I have) it is up to YOU to make sure you're at a full stop before flipping the switch to reverse.

Mark

Back