Savage Flux Diff Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first link,the bullet proof is better IMO. There are fewer teeth = each tooth is thicker and stronger and it is slightly higher geared at 3.22:1 vs 3.31:1. Both are machined instead of the original cast gears.

The Flux comes with the bulletproof diffs from the factory. The second link is the factory diff from the X 4.6

you want bullet proof diffs it won't affect speed enough to matter if your at the track or just bashing in the yard. you wouldn't even notice the speed difference

according to the manual i have for the flux hp it doesn't have the BP diffs and upon closer inspection and actually counting the teeth it has the "standard" diffs so i am going to be upgrading both the front and rear diffs to the BP

the newest flux's have the bp's

mine was an older model it still had the am radio

yea then you don't have dual disc brakes as well but they just require more adjustment according to the pro i talk to

according to the manual i have for the flux hp it doesn't have the BP diffs and upon closer inspection and actually counting the teeth it has the "standard" diffs so i am going to be upgrading both the front and rear diffs to the BP

oh ok, my bad. then you should put in the bp diffs...

yea then you don't have dual disc brakes as well but they just require more adjustment according to the pro i talk to

might want to find another pro, the flux doesn't have disc brakes at all :)

that makes sense it is electric, he only works on nitro but he knows what he is talking about when it comes down to traxxas stuff, and what engines to use

that makes sense it is electric, he only works on nitro but he knows what he is talking about when it comes down to traxxas stuff, and what engines to use

yeah i like the fact that theres nothing to adjust on the electrics and man are they responsive to throttle and brake adjustments in the air

how well do the internal bevel gears hold up with the BP diffs????

yea they are there are a few e revos at the track and they are amazing in the air

They should be just fine as long as you have the 4 bevel gear diffs and not the two gear diffs.