Savage 2 speed and 3 speed tranny have the same case?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznitro

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi,

I just got my new 3 speed and opened the box and the transmission case looks exactly like the transmission case in the truck (which i got used from a guy who said it was a 2 speed) so I've been trying to find out if the two tranny's have the same case before I take this apart to put in. And I havent heard 3 speeds on this truck... or at least that I noticed...

Anyone know if the 2 speed and 3 speed tranny's have exactly the same case?

Thanks

Unless small differences that i dont see, yes they are the same...:)

Yes, the 2 and 3 speed, or either with reverse, use the same case. That's why you can buy a complete set up or a 3 speed gear kit to add on to what you have. The reverse module is a complete unit that fits in there and already has a slot in the case for the shift tab.
You also have the option to purchase a taller ratio 3rd gear and replace the other 3rd. More high end.

OK! Super :)

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated... I've been waiting to find out before putting it in... so here goes!!

Any FYI's for me? Need to oil? Take it easy first few runs?

Thanks!!

It's not a kit... it's preassembled. So then all good to go and put'er right in?

And thanks again for the info rolex :)