Saturday Savage Carnage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My son and I had the afternoon to ourselves so we got out the r/c's for a little fun. I figured we'd have some fun tearing though the leaf piles and just bashing around. He ran his Slash for a couple of packs then I got out my Savage.

Then my son gets out his bmx launch ramp. He sat on the curb with leaves piled on it so they'd go flying when I hit the ramp. That was fun. Then I hit the ramp at an angle and launched square into a tree. Luckily,no damage. Just flip it back on it's wheels and continue.

Now this is when the stupidity kicks in, LOL. I saw that it hit fairly high on the tree then glance at my car. Yep, let's see if I can clear the car off this little ramp. The first attemp the truck gets squirrly and I hit it off center, glance off the side of the car and crash in the leaves. No problem, let's try again! This time I'm square in the center but oh crap! It's not high enough,bounces off the windshield,flips and hit the ground with an loud thud. The engine is killed immediately,ooooh, that can't be good.

I was right, it wasn't. Here's some pics of the aftermath. Broken engine mount,broken shock bolt,damaged cooling head,punctured fuel tank and a new hole and split in the body. Also I noticed now the front end is toed out a noticable amount.

In retrospect,I could have broken the windshield on my car. Oooooohhhh,my wife would have come unglued! Luckily again,that didn't happen.

So how was YOUR Saturday? :hehe:

Tire tracks on the windshield:
tiremarks.JPG

Toe out on the front:
savagedamage3.JPG

Broken engine mount:
savagedamage1.JPG

Broken shock bolt,damaged cooling head:
savagedamage2.JPG

Body damage:
savagedamage4.JPG

Notice how the hole is pushed up from the bottom? The shock went through there when the bolt broke.

Good time to put the Flux shocks on. You'll love them. They are just as durable and free up more turning radious up front and allow for more room behind the engine for different exhaust options.
Put some sway bars on that puppy so you can control her a little better at speed.
Looks like you guys had a fun day, good thing you have another cooling head huh?:D

ouchh that gotta hurt lol great pics man...you should invest in some aluminum shocks i got my self ones but waiting for my plastic ones to wear out

The shock wasn't hurt,just the mounting bolt broke. I already have a set of aluminum shocks for it and a set of LST shocks. But I like the idea of adding more clearances, I may have to try the Flux shocks.

Nice. So you gonna make a stronger engine mount or just buy new?

Pffft... me make something stronger,yeah right. :D I already have one :yes:

For now,aside from the stronger mount, it's just going back stock for winter snow bashing.

LOL thanks for this post - just reading it made me smile. IF you had hit that car and broken something...

I don't even wanna consider the consequences. LOVE it though! Fun stuff. My Saturday wasn't near as exciting. I got to weld up shackle mounts for my buddy's Jeep, which left me burnt and sore lol. Then, we tried to align it because, as he said, it looked like it had some toe out problems.

So, with a quick twist and a lock-down, we gave it the worst death-wobble I have personally ever seen. Nothing we did corrected it, so he just drove home slow.

I was in bed early lol! :)

How so you correct the front end being out of toe. I think mine is our as well .

Can you be more specific about that please. I still kinda new.

Back