Sand Rail Build coming up.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
but its not a Baja Rail. I was contemplating converting one of my slashes over to run on the sand when i go to Silver Lake to play. BUT in looking around for a few things, i ran across a Very nice Sand rail chassis tuber. I looked at the two RC4WD sells and they are both very nice, but when i saw these ones, i knew it was the one I'm getting. SO buy the stuff I'm selling to i can buy the goodies i need to get for this Killer Rail Build.

this will be a long travel 1/10th (though the guy thinks the chassis are more of a 1/8th scale, though he uses all 1/10th gear for them), 4 seater with alot of detaila. I ll be useing a few of the ideas i got while crawling and doing my TT conversion build and implementing them into this build.

power will be thru a Slash VXL tranny and will be powered by a Novak 4.5R Velocity system wich can run up to 6S. WHOOO HOOOO.

i guess its just easier to pop up pics atm, so you ca see where I'm heading with it.

Sand Rail Tuber Chassis (I'm getting the black/silver one. Deal is almost finalized!)
Corbyrails001.jpg

Corbyrails004.jpg

Corbyrails002.jpg

we all know what a VXL Slash tranny looks like as well as a motor/esc, but i ll be installing the Fast Lane Maching Billet tranny system for the slash
electric-trannySlashFLM.jpg

wheelie-bar-mountSlashFLM.jpg
(motor guard plate, bumper mount ect. is needed with the cases above)

If i can make this work out to cover some of the tranny area maybe without totally hiding the FLM slash cases ect...
Parmahemimotor.jpg

and every sand rail needs a gas tank.
MotorCoverRPP.jpg
will try to use this to cover the novak motor area if i can make it work

Jato EXO CF rear and front arms
TRXCBNRArms.jpg

TRXCBNFArms.jpg

Jato Front and Rear Aluminum Hubs
JatoFrontAluminumHub.jpg

JatoRearAluminumHub.jpg

Jato Aluminum Steering Whiper set with built in servo saver assembly
JatoSteeringservosaver.jpg

RC4WD X11 Remote Rezzis in 110mm for rear
RC4WDRemoteRezziShock.jpg
(will lose the spring and adjuster rings. will only use the rezzi shock setup)

RC4WD Dual Spring 110mm shocks for rear
rc4wd110mmdualspringshock.jpg

RC4WD Dual Spring 90mm shock for the front
RC4WD90mmdualspringshocks.jpg

and a Roof Rack
RoofRackRPP.jpg

With RPP Hobby Aluminum Light pods with Clear and yellow lenses.
RPPChromeAluminumLightPods.jpg

RPPBlackAluminumLightPods.jpg

RPPClearLightPodcovers.jpg

RPPYellowLightPodcover.jpg

and for some extra Killer looks
RC4WD Torque 2.2 Rims all around (narrows)
RC4WD22TorqueRims.jpg

with Panther Paddles and Razors
PantherSandPaddles.jpg

PantherRazorsforfront.jpg

and every Sand Rail needs seating room for 4
Recaroscaleseats4each.jpg

will also get a dash (diamond plate if i can find some ) with working steering wheel. and maybe some light dash lights ect..

so thats the plan so to speak. you can imagine how it may look, but i ll help you out some with these 3 pics of ohter units that has been built from this Rail Chassis
Crawlers007-1.jpg

mysandcar003.jpg

mysandcar002.jpg

will post more once parts start to arrive and build begins.

Timmahh

that is bad a$$ i would love to make something like that on my baja 5b that would be sweet lol

ya the 5B cages out are really sweet. but i ll have into this just a bit more than what a 5B case goes for.lol

I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

nice work mate hope you take a video of it running

well the original chassis i was going to get fell thru. so me and a buddy of mine have been looking at 1:1 chassis to model one after. We have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 1:1 chassis to build. hopefully next week, we ll be able to start cutting tube and start welding one up.

If they come out well enough, and it works correctly and looks good, we may start building some of the tuber rail chassis to sell. will post more once we have a definative direction.

Back