SAFE Mode troubleshooting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikekehrli

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an E-Flight Condescendo Evolution, and an NX8 Transmitter with a Spektrum AR8020T 8-channel receiver.

I'm trying to bind the plane in SAFE mode, but it's not working. In fact, after binding, it doesn't go through and adjust each of the aeronautics. Not even once.

I use the same Transmitter on a different plane, with a 6 channel receiver, and it works as expected. When binding in AS3X mode, it goes through and adjusts each of the control surfaces one time through. When I bind it in SAFE mode, it does the same thing, but goes through each control surface twice.

But with my Condescendo, it doesn't even go through the control surfaces once. Either when I re-bind, or when I just start it up after it was already bound. However, it obviously binds because all controls work perfectly. But not in safe mode. Note, this plane has been in a pretty bad crash. I've just rebuilt it. I can't imagine why that would affect this, but I have no experience to speak of. Usually electronics either work or they don't.

Does anyone know what it means when it doesn't cycle through the control surfaces at startup? I think that's the indicator I need to chase down first. Then figure out SAFE mode after that.

id suggest taking in few youtube vids and see how to set safe mode up. I've only used smooth flight about 10 years ago to fly my ww2 p38...after a few flights i turned it off.I think you are understanding the safe mode..i think its a you setup safe mode devices and after selecting different setting with a flip of a switch you engage that option,

id suggest taking in few youtube vids and see how to set safe mode up. I've only used smooth flight about 10 years ago to fly my ww2 p38...after a few flights i turned it off.I think you are understanding the safe mode..i think its a you setup safe mode devices and after selecting different setting with a flip of a switch you engage that option,
I've watched those videos. That's how I got my T-28 Trojan to bind in SAFE mode. But doing the same steps with my Condescendo doesn't get the same result.

Back