Sacramento CA. area street racers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TT120

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
We have a small gathering forming on Sundays at Mcllellan AFB for for some on-road racing. We found a huge parking lot thats flat and smooth. We set up a track using RoadRails and it's a lot of fun.

If your in the Sacramento CA. area, c'mon out and lets see what ya got!

PM me for details.

Out of town guests this Sun. or I would love to come.
Post the next get together and Ill let you know.

We should be out there every Sunday. Today was the first day with the new RoadRails and we plan on every Sunday till the weather get bad.

Nice!!
Ill PM you to get directions and to make sure its going down.
PM member StrechM. Hes in Sac and has a brushless M18 hes wanting to show off.

Do you have an oval around your road course?

No oval per se, but there's plenty of open space to set one up. We have cones as well.

Yes, I live in the Sac area. McClellan is just up the street a couple of miles from my office.
All I have left to do is program the bl and tx on my one and only onroad and its ready to go. A couple of other freinds with onroads also come to mind. How many are showing up and what time?

Last week, our first day witht he new rails we had 5 people there. A couple more couldnt show up last week but should be there this Sunday.

Here's a pic from the first Sunday there:
mcc1012.jpg

More pics here.

Last edited:
Do we use the main entrance off of Watt Ave for access? The map on your site shows a downtown Sac location. Any specific directions will be helpful.

I would have come out this Sunday but we went Halibut fishing instead.

Yeah, I gotta tell him the map is messed up.

Use the first entrance off Watt ave, go to the second light and turn right then look to your left and you will see a huge parking lot. We are there.

Just to give you an idea of the size of this place, here's half of the parking lot. The other half is behind the camera in this pic.

mcc1002.jpg

Last edited:
here's a little satellite image that should help to find the place.

mcclellan.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna be there tomorrow, (Sun.) at 9:00am sharp setting up the track. Come and check it out.

We have a new location, It's at 3290 Winona Way. Not far from where we were. This place is covered and has a deli right next door. Being covered means we can race all winter! The surface is smooth and fast.

More info here: http://whocaresproductionz.com/

Nice new setup you guys have there.
Great job!
Is there availability of electricity for us electric guys?
Oval?

There is electricity there but it's some kind of wierd plug so we're gonna have to figure it out before we can tap into it. Right now we're just using our car batteries.

We had an excellent layout today, the cars were sticking good, couple good wipeouts, all in all a good day at the track.

track has a new PERMANENT LOCATION

ALL VEHICLES WELCOME

http://whocaresproductionz.com/tracklocal.htm

is the map to the new track location :clap:

we run on sundays starting at 9am until 5-6pm.
we do not require roar membership :bling:
electric as well as nitro welcome
1:8, 1:10, 1:12 scale welcome
beginner to expert driving :bowned:
COVERED racing (rain or shine) :cloud9:

cafe' :coffee:
all amenities
CLEAN bathrooms :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

more track information

remember covered racing!

we are there rain or shine

also it costs nothing to bring your car out and run with us. we are totally free and non-profit :cheers:

Gonna be another great day of RC goodness at the track today.

Back